Dental Technologies at GT Dental Centre
At GT Dental Centre in Whitby, we strongly believe our patients are entitled to the most comfortable, safe, and effective treatments available today, and the technology we use is part of that. Whether you’re visiting us for a dental cleaning, examination, looking for the services of a cosmetic dentist, or in need of one of our many other dental services, we will use the latest in dental technology to help ensure your ultimate satisfaction. Dr. Thoms is dedicated to upholding the highest of standards in patient care and satisfaction.
At our practice, we use a number of important tools to ensure better diagnostic proficiency on our part and greater comfort and convenience for our patients. These tools are part of how we ensure that dental anxiety doesn’t prevent patients from getting the dental treatment they need.
Technologies at GT Dental Centre
- Cone Beam 3D Imaging: The information CBCT provides is critical for a number of situations, including placing dental implants, performing a complex root canal or extraction, or searching for the source of pain or infection. Dental cone beam CT emits less radiation and provides a more complete picture than CT and CAT scans.
- Digital X-Rays: Digital X-rays are one of the most important new advances in our office. We are not only able to reduce your exposure to radiation but also increase our diagnostic proficiency. In addition to increased diagnostics, we reduce the amount of harmful chemicals and other waste materials associated with traditional X-ray technology.
- Intraoral Camera Technology: An intraoral camera is a small, pen-like device with a camera on the end. The camera contains a bright LED which helps us diagnose cavities or fractures that are difficult to see with the naked eye. The camera is connected to a monitor which allows you to see up close what Dr. Thoms is seeing.
- The Wand®: The Wand is a digital dental injection tool that makes the numbing process much easier for the patient. Before the needle even touches the injection site, the Wand delivers a small amount of anesthetic. This means you’ll hardly even feel it!
- Ultrasonics: Ultrasonics are instruments that use sonic energy to clean debris, remove posts, and prepare roots for root canals and apicoectomies. These instruments have smaller tips that allow Dr. Thoms to complete root canal treatment and microsurgery with greater precision, giving patients better results.
- Velscope: When it comes to oral cancer, early diagnosis is critical. However, not all abnormalities are visible to the naked eye, and that’s where VELscope comes in. VELscope is a light-based detection system that makes it easier to spot problem areas in the mouth and throat.
- ZEISS Microscope: The Zeiss Surgical microscope enables us to visualize high-contrast, true-colour images – the key to improving the quality of examination and treatment. This also helps us to explain procedures and findings to our patients using the high-definition material we obtain with these microscopes.
Cutting-Edge Dental Treatment at GT Dental Centre
At GT Dental Centre, we are passionate about our patients. We are uncompromising in our technology, your comfort, and the quality of our work. Whether your dental needs are simple or complex, Dr. Thoms is qualified and our experienced team is here to make sure you feel safe. Come and enjoy dental care at a Whitby dental office unlike anything you have ever experienced!
Here at GT Dental Centre, we’re excited to have these technologies in our office. If you have any questions about our technologies, don’t hesitate to ask. Bring it up on your next visit or call us at (289) 483-1143. You can learn more about our practice by checking out our business page, and make sure you check the map for directions before you head our way.